Local, small-business owners are invited to come by and swap business cards.
As a social business, we aim to keep our overhead costs low. One way we are able to do that is by having volunteers help out in exchange for free treatments. If you have a skill or interest you think would benefit our practice, please contact us. See the "Join POCA" section below. Here as somethings we are needing help with:
Also, if you are looking to get rid of a corner desk, area rugs, or recliners please consider donating them to the clinic.
Community acupuncture is healthcare by, of, and for the people. YOU can join the movement to bring affordable, safe, and effective healthcare to everyone by becoming a member of the People's Organization of Community Acupuncture. Annual dues are on a sliding scale from $25-100/year.
Benefits for patient and community members include:
- Free birthday treatment each year.
- Three “free first treatment" certificates for your friends and family – good at any POCA clinic.
- Sticking Together – the POCA e-newsletter.
- Waiving new patient fees at POCA member clinics.
- Access to online discussion forums to connect with punks and other patients .
- Volunteer opportunities in local clinics and in our movement.
- Voting in annual board elections and running for positions in our cooperative.
Joining POCA puts your membership fees to work immediately as they:
- Develop a micro-loan program to open and support more clinics.
- Create affordable educational alternatives to train community acupuncturists (aka punks).
- Support punks in successfully opening, managing, and improving their clinics.
- Promote legislative change to encourage and support community acupuncture.
- Provide a working model for sustainable, ethical, affordable community healthcare practices.
- Increase access to affordable acupuncture for all.